Lietuvos teatro, muzikos ir kino muziejus
 

The Theatre Museum was established in 1926, in Kaunas Vytautas Magnus University, on the initiative of writers Balys Sruoga and Vincas Krėvė-Mickevičius. In 1936, it was transferred to the State Theatre, and the actor of this Theatre, Stasys Pilka was appointed a Theatre Manager. During the years of the war, the showpieces were scattered. The destiny of theirs started to be taken care of by the Lithuanian Theatrical Society, founded in 1946. The accumulated archive was moved to Vilnius. Restoration work of the Museum continued till 1957. Since then, the branch of the Lithuanian Society of Theatre (Actors‘ house) started running its activity. In 1964, the branch called the Lithuanian Theatre and Music Museum, was transferred over to the Lithuanian Art Museum. In 1992, the branch of the Lithuanian Art Museum became a self - dependent Lithuanian Theatre, Music and Cinema Museum. Since 1964, the Museum was established in the premises of Umiastowski Palace. In 1996, the Lithuanian Theatre, Music and Cinema Museum moved to reconstructed Radvilos Minor Palace.

lt/en
  
Site tree
Print
RSS

Copyright 2009

Lietuvos teatro, muzikos ir kino muziejus

Design creator Lukas Misevičius

Programming Fresh media